I attempted to pull the production site to a staging site and the message has been stuck on the "Your Staging Site is almost ready" for 24 hours now. Is there anything that I can do to interrupt or start the procedure over again?
Solved! Go to Solution.
If anyone is still seeing this error with the staging site, please contact our live support teams. We'll need to investigate your specific account to see what could be causing the problem. Thanks!
Over a year this problem has been here and Godaddy do nothing to fix it. Now after 2 hours on the phone with Godaddy my site is still broken and still stuck on 60%. Managed Wordpress? You are joking right?!
Is there any solution to this problem? My site is unavailable due to the 60% progress while syncing between staging into production. It’s been 48hrs, a two hour wait with tech support just to get “engineers are aware of the issue and are working to get it resolved”. It’s very frustrating!
I have the exact same problem and I can't see the Staging PHPMyAdmin URL or SFTP login because it has been stuck in this "Staging in progress" state for a week now. I tried calling helpdesk and they tried to charge me $60USD for some sort of Wordpress support ticket. Why would they handball me to Wordpress when this Staging feature is exclusive to GoDaddy hosted sites.What would Wordpress know about this Staging feature?
I have the same problem. The main issue is that I can do anything about it. I cannot even drop the staging site and do a reclone or nothing...
I had the same problem. Got help from online tech support. They fixed it but only after two chats with them. First time they didn't fix it. Some of these agents are very condescending - dont let it bother you.
1. Go to My Hosting page on Godaddy
2. Change your main Domain to the free one assigned when you first created your WordPress site
3. Verify the Staging loop has ended and reverse the changes you made in step 2
If that doesn't work,
*YOU NEED A GODADDY PRO BACKUP COPY- ALL DATA COULD BE LOST THIS WAY*
Maybe you could start at step 4 and remove your site,
1. Navigate to "DOMAIN > DNS" for the Domain that is stuck in the staging loop.
2. Record the number assigned to the entry TYPE "A"
3. Change the entry VALUE under "TYPE: A" to an IP address used for testing "22.214.171.124" or "126.96.36.199" if you are anti-google
*WARNING* this is where you would lose your data. When you remove your site Godaddy backups are gone but not your Godaddy Pro Backups or a physical copy if you have one downloaded.
4. Navigate to your managed WordPress and "REMOVE" the website that's got in the loop,
5. Create a new WordPress website with the same name as the one you erased in step 4
6. Navigate to "DOMAIN > DNS" and correct the TYPE "A" entry to your original IP
7. Navigate to Godaddy Pro and remove the website you had problems with
8. Reconnect the website to Godaddy Pro and continue with the backup restore process
Keep on keepin on.
If you have any questions I'll try to help,