Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

.user.ini file question

Hi, as per GoDaddy support, I have added a user.ini file to my website via ftp to adjust the php memory limit.  The theme I am using is showing 2 settings with the second wp_memory_limit as 40M and needing to change to at least 100M:

WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT256M
    WP_MEMORY_LIMIT40M - Recommended at least 100M memory.

This is my user.ini settings:

post_max_size = 64M
    memory_limit = 256M
    max_execution_time = 300
    upload_max_filesize = 64M
    max_input_vars = 3000

My questions is how do i get the WP_MEMORY_LIMIT to be 100M? I thought the memory_limit = 256M code in the user.ini file would fix that setting...is there another php setting that needs to be added to the user.ini file to change that setting from 40 - 100??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    ryanfrizzell
    Employee

Hi @ChickaDeePD 

The user.ini configuration that you have in place is what will be used in your hosting environment. However, it may be necessary to specify the WP memory limit in wp-config.php in order to satisfy the recommendations of your theme. We have a guide that outlines how to do that here:

https://godaddy.com/help/increase-the-wordpress-memory-limit-40246

I hope that helps!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    ryanfrizzell
    Employee

Hi @ChickaDeePD 

The user.ini configuration that you have in place is what will be used in your hosting environment. However, it may be necessary to specify the WP memory limit in wp-config.php in order to satisfy the recommendations of your theme. We have a guide that outlines how to do that here:

https://godaddy.com/help/increase-the-wordpress-memory-limit-40246

I hope that helps!

View solution in original post