• Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

wordpress

Hello. 

I have been signed up to godaddy wordpress for a while now. 

I like how easy and hassle free the intial sign up process was.

But am havign a lot of trouble with wordpress itself. 

So far, the godaddy integration to the wordpress program has made every take 10 times longer than usual. 

I am trying to remove white space fromm above and below my slider. I have been using wordpress for years.

All it takes is a little bit of css code or the tick of a box here and there. 

I have been spending days trying to figure out what this problem was among other problems I have had due to the godaddy integration and the restrictions it places on the wordpress platform.

After days of intermittent frustration I have figured out that the problem is the "one page navigation" option.

For some reason, on godaddys version of wordpress I can not "enable" this option. 

I have no idea why this would be left out as it is a basic feature of wordpress and can not see why t would cause any conflict.  All in all I really need this to work to get my website to look standard and tidy. 

It should not have taken me this long and my website could have been finished on the first day  of signing up to godaddy. I bought my new hosting package over two weeks ago. All of my content was already designed and finalised all I needed to do was upload some pictures to a slider and format this. 

It has taken me all this time just to get my website to this point where I realise that the problem is not me or wordpress but the resitrictions placed on the platform by godaddy's version of the platform. 

I would love if this problem could be rectified and if not I would like a full refund. 

If it is possible for go daddy to fix this problem immediatley then I will be very gratefull but would also like the time wasted to be added on to the end of my subscription as two weeks to place a slider due to the pitfalls of the godaddy integration is way way way too long. This is hindring my progress  and is incredibly frustrating. 

1 REPLY 1
    Highlighted
    Helper II
    Helper II

Re: wordpress

Hi @Hydrocare11

It sounds to me like you are in a theme that has restriction? 

It would be nice if you could place a link of your site to show your issue?

I host my WordPress on Micro Scale -  using Cpanel,  and Deluxe Hosting from Godaddy,

this allows me to alter any,  any problem, issue myself, how-ever if it breaks 

like so many have, I am on my own.  This has been the ultimate learning curve for me.

The important learning curve was Godaddy provides hosting and is not responsible for WordPress,

other than what themes they may have proprietary in which I am not known to use.

It sounds like you have grown out of the comfort zone of having it they way a theme wants you to,

VS your way exactly.   This is why I recommend Deluxe Hosting, or Cpanel hosting butCpanel is open source,  and Godaddy is not resposible for anything that goes on in it,  so with Deluxe you may get a small hand out from them,  maybe, just be nice.  Smiley Happy

@Hydrocare11    hang in there and don't give up!    From my experience your defiantly with the best host in the World!   

Also don't forget to back up your restore points,   if your like me and do many edits.

Restore points really work,   and in some cases themes by WordPress have completely collapsed 

when editing them in the settings.  Unless you can flush your data base too,  sometimes you might have to re-install a new WordPress.  

Hope all gets better @Hydrocare11  P.S send that link so we can see how much white space your dealing with?