cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Account Error Showing Domain for Sale from 1970

I have some strange account error showing 8 domains which have been set for sale with billing that expired in 1970. I have tried to contact and explain this on the chat, but I can't get any answer from anyone as to what it means. I also think that this relates to 8 domains which I had stolen. Has anyone else experienced this?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Account Error Showing Domain for Sale from 1970

GoDaddy - Domain For Sale - 1970 v2.png

Highlighted

Hi @Not-Happy,

Welcome to the Community!

Definitely a glitch in your account. GoDaddy did not exist in 1970. And the expirations are not for domains, but for parked, For-Sale pages. Long ago, you could choose the option to assign these pages to a domain as an alternative to directing them to a website. It was like the precursor to InstantPage where you could announce the sale of a domain with slight customizations to the page. These are long gone. It's not clear why this piece of history remains in your account. If you need to have it removed, you'll want to contact customer support to see if an advanced support team can clear it for you. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support
Highlighted

Why is there a glitch, and what caused it? Clearly something is wrong and I would like to know the reason and the impact of it as I believe it contributed to 8 of my domains being stolen. I am so tired of GoDaddy just explaining errors as a "glitch", this is not a glitch, it is a failure which is impacting a paying customer. Please provide to me a reasonably professional response with a logical explanation. If you looked at your bank account or stock trading account and it had errors, would you be satisfied with a "glitch" as the explanation ?

Highlighted

Hi @Not-Happy,

You'll need to contact GoDaddy customer support so the account can be access by the Advanced Support team. We're not able to review GoDaddy systems at that level through a Community forum. When contacting them, you'll want to provide a list of the domain names in question so they can see if there is any connection. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support