cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Adding DNS TXT Record

Ive added 3 domains successfully to my selling list . i wanted to add two more but its has been pending for over 24hrs now. Is 3 the maximum? or something is wrong . Kindly Help

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Adding DNS TXT Record

Hi @Sammie. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! The only limit on DNS records would be that you can't have more than 100 records (for our free DNS hosting). If that's not the case with your domain and you're still seeing the pending message, I'd recommend getting in touch with our support team so they can take a look. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

I have been told I need an SPF record for our website but cant find the syntax.

I am thinking it will be  TXT  @  www.xxxxx.com

Am I close??

Thanks!

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hi @DeborahC. Thanks for posting. SPF records can be tricky. It would be a TXT and it would use @ in the host/name field, but the structure of the actual record can vary depending on what email provider(s) you use. 

SPF records are typically made up of three parts in a certain order. Each part is evaluated in order from left to right. The first part is the protocol indicating the TXT record is of the type SPF and includes the version, typically v=spf1 followed by a space. Then there is a part that lists what servers are included. Finally, there is usually something that excludes other servers. For example, the SPF for using only GoDaddy email services would look like:

v-spf1 include:secureserver.net -all

This record would indicate that the SPF version 1 protocol is being used, the domain is allowed to send mail from secureserver.net (and any other domain under that one). The "-all" at the end tells servers that mail shouldn't come from any other servers. 

You'll want to contact your mail provider to find out what SPF record you should use. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.