cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Adding TXT record to DNS, receiving HTTP 422 Unprocessable Entity response.

I am trying to use the DNS Management page to add a new TXT record, but when I click save I get this error message:

There was an error processing your request. Please try again. If this issue continues, contact support.

I checked the network request through the console and I'm getting a 422 status code with the following response body:

{"code":"DNS_UPDATE_FAILURE","message":"Failed to update zone record","detail":null,"fields":[]}

I tried again in private mode in case there was some session specific issue and the problem persists.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It's a TXT DNS record generated by keybase and it follows an identical format to an existing Google generated DNS TXT record. So, it is valid.

However, I used one of the alternative names for the record (the _keybase. prefix) and it worked this time.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @kherge,

Welcome to the Community!

With a bit more information, the volunteers in our Community may be able to assist you with some external look-ups. Please reply with your domain name and the TXT record you're trying to enter. A 422 error usually means there is something in the submitted data that can't be processed. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

It's a TXT DNS record generated by keybase and it follows an identical format to an existing Google generated DNS TXT record. So, it is valid.

However, I used one of the alternative names for the record (the _keybase. prefix) and it worked this time.

View solution in original post