Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, July 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
lm950
New

Addon Domain for New Domain Name

I read in the documentation that a subdomain could be created for the purpose of establishing a new domain name without having to register a new one. I created a subdomain using the .com extension as the target. My cPanel installation is on the .net extension. After I install WordPress Blog on the subdomain, and click on the administrator link, or the website link, it will either return a Site Cannot Be Reached, or DNS Address Cannot Be Found. The original WebsiteBuilder site is on the primary .com domain with the original domain name website.

Eugene D. Hayes
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jpablo
Helper VI

@lm950 let me get this clear.

You have one domain name (something.net), one website builder account and one cpanel hosting account, right?

You have your something.net using the website builder and is working fine.

You added an addon domain in your cpanel hosting account using something.com and installed wordpress there, right? If that's the case, you are using another domain, not a subdomain.

A subdomain is for example: sub.domain.net, or mail.domain.net, but not domain.com

Can you post your domain name and your addon domain?

Hope it helps!

If you find my replies helpful, give me a like or kudo 🙂
And if I solved your issue, mark it as solution 😄

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jpablo
Helper VI

@lm950 let me get this clear.

You have one domain name (something.net), one website builder account and one cpanel hosting account, right?

You have your something.net using the website builder and is working fine.

You added an addon domain in your cpanel hosting account using something.com and installed wordpress there, right? If that's the case, you are using another domain, not a subdomain.

A subdomain is for example: sub.domain.net, or mail.domain.net, but not domain.com

Can you post your domain name and your addon domain?

Hope it helps!

If you find my replies helpful, give me a like or kudo 🙂
And if I solved your issue, mark it as solution 😄

View solution in original post

kessy4u
New

I'm having a similar issue with using the addon domain name. The only thing is that instead of being able to view the index file under the secondary domain (caribbtechnology.com), I have to type in my first domain (keisha-marie.com) followed by my second domain, for example, keisha-marie.com/caribbtechnology.com. Is there a way around this?