cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ads vs Adz

Hi 

I would like to start a free classified ads business, I didn't find the www.nameads.com but nameadz.com is free. What do you think? take nameadz.com or search for another one?

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

We live in the wild west of domains now (no pun intended), there is literally no name you can't go with as long as you are willing to push it hard enough. You can phonetically spell thingz, you can use numerical digitz, you can make up wordz if you want. Thing is when you choose a domain like that you have to be willing to put some financez behind it or you might get all of your nameadz.com customers going to nameads.com and nameads.com isn't so horribly priced (depending on your usage) or did ads.com and adz.com because those might be pricy?

I say go with a new name or made up word for your free classified business? If Wallapop can be a thing why not some word you make up?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Super User III

If you do go with a misspelling make sure it is emphasized in the logo and marketing.  But as RD pointed out it can draw attention for your competition.