cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blogger not working

Hi! I'm very new to domain names and GoDaddy, so please bear with me. I have a blog with the free domain name shellyviajera.blogspot.com. I decided to buy a domain here at GoDaddy last night with the name shellyviajeratravel.com

When I type shellyviajeratravel.com right now, it displays "This site can't be reached":

Screenshot 2019-02-04 at 7.41.00 AM.png

When I type shellyviajera.blogspot.com, it asks if you want to be redirected:Screenshot 2019-02-04 at 7.39.02 AM.png

Then, when I hit yes, it goes back to the same "This site can't be reached" page.

By far, I've done the following:

• I've added the 2 CNAMES provided in my Blogger account (Settings > Basic > Publishing) to the DNS Settings of my GoDaddy account. There are 5 other items listed in that list too, which I think are there by default. 
  • I've set the Forwarding in my GoDaddy account. I typed there my Blogger free domain:Screenshot 2019-02-04 at 7.51.16 AM.png

My questions:

1. How long does it take for shellyviajeratravel.com to work? I bought the domain last night, so it's been around 12 hours now. I read in the Blogger and GoDaddy Help pages that it takes 24-48 hours. Is this true with any of your personal experiences?

2. Do I have to delete the 5 default items in my GoDaddy account's DNS settings and just leave the 2 CNAMES provided by Blogger?

I hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Blogger not working

Greetings @shellyviajera  ,

Welcome and thanks for posting. Yes, it can take 24-48 hours, but frequently less for the world to complete the refreshes necessary to see your work everywhere (the good news is you usually only have to go through this propagation step after a DNS change). After the DNS update, all your changes occur in near real time.

The even better news is (at least from here) it looks like your shellyviajeratravel.com site is up. I see stories in Germany, Sri Lanka, and Kathmandu. ---Nice of you to take us along!

Best,

Thomas D. - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support