Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
authorrcm
New

BlueHost hosting - change IP address

I am trying to enable my SSL on my website. My DNS settings need to be updated. My website through weebly gave me instructions to send an email to my domain (GoDaddy) for this update. Need help dont know what to do?

Mona

1 REPLY 1
JesseW
Community Manager

Hi @authorrcm. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! In order to change the IP address that a domain points to, you need to update it's A Record. The A Record will be stored with whoever is hosting your domain's DNS. You can usually tell who that is by seeing what nameservers the domain currently references. For example, if your domain is using nameservers that end in domaincontrol.com, you are probably hosting your domain's DNS with GoDaddy. You have mentioned Bluehost, Weebly and GoDaddy as providers for your domain, so it is probably one of those 3. If you can provide your domain, someone can probably suggest who to reach out to for this or suggest the right steps to do it on your own. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.