cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Bugs in your renewal process

This is a bug report because you don't have a bug reporting interface.

Two issues:

1. Your system reports that my domains are expiring in November, and another screen shows that they are expiring in 2020. For example:

Manage domains interface:

Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 10.36.33 AM.png

Renewal Interface:

Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 10.36.26 AM.png

2. After I select domains I need to renew, it takes me to the 2nd renewal interface listing all the expiring domains incorrectly. When I select other ones I want to renew nothing gets added to cart.

Happens in both Safari and Chrome. If I don't select any of the other domains in the 2nd screen, I am able to go to cart. When I selected them (even though the timeline is not correct) nothing gets added to cart. It's not a caching issue - I did a full refresh. Also, the fact you tell users to clear cookies, do full refreshes is ridiculous. Tell your dev team to add versioning to their js loading code so you don't put this onus on your users.

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Bugs in your renewal process

@paveltchour wrote:

This is a bug report because you don't have a bug reporting interface.

Two issues:

1. Your system reports that my domains are expiring in November, and another screen shows that they are expiring in 2020. For example:

Manage domains interface:

Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 10.36.33 AM.png

Renewal Interface:

Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 10.36.26 AM.png

2. After I select domains I need to renew, it takes me to the 2nd renewal interface listing all the expiring domains incorrectly. When I select other ones I want to renew nothing gets added to cart.

Happens in both Safari and Chrome. If I don't select any of the other domains in the 2nd screen, I am able to go to cart. When I selected them (even though the timeline is not correct) nothing gets added to cart. It's not a caching issue - I did a full refresh. Also, the fact you tell users to clear cookies, do full refreshes is ridiculous. Tell your dev team to add versioning to their js loading code so you don't put this onus on your users.

@paveltchour Typically premium listings are renewed automatically. When you setup the premium listing typically "renew listing automatically" is checked.

---

Solution

Re: Bugs in your renewal process

Hi @paveltchour,

Welcome to the Community!

There is no bug. You're looking at two different renewals. 

The domain itself expires in 2020. That is correct. That is the date at the Registry for the domain.

The Premium Listing status you've chosen for the domain expires in 2019. That is also correct. It is unrelated to the expiration of the registration of the domain. It is the sales listing option you've placed on the domain in order to offer it as a Premium Listing in our Domain Aftermarket sales. 

If you wish to have these two billing listings synchronized into one date, please contact our customer support team for assistance. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support