cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Mark13
Novice

Can not change dns nameserver

Hey, I have a problem with changing dns nameservers.Today I changed the nameservers and after that I got an error.I had 2 nameservers and I wanted to replace them for the other 2, however that did not work out and now I have 4 nameservers that I can not change in any way; there's simply no longer a button to change!!

SS: http://imgur.com/a/V5zgN

If you can help me, it's important for me!

PS.Sorry for the bad English!

20 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Can not change dns nameserver

Hi @Mark13,

can you not find the option to use default name servers ? This would be godaddy default. Support can help you here. 

Mark13
Novice

Anonymous
N/A

With all due respect @Mark13,

the poor screenshot won't tell the full story, as it were because what you have done is clip the detail.  If you are using cPanel then yes, there should be an option to use default DNS. 

Please chat with support. 

Mark13
Novice

Just view this video [https://youtu.be/WDIi82yq1Fg]

There are no options that can be selected! I just wanted to replace it nameservers.

Current Nameservers                                                        Change Nameservers to:
ns01.000webhost.com                                                      brad.ns.cloudflare.com
ns02.000webhost.com                                                      gina.ns.cloudflare.com

And that did not work, now it's 4..

Anonymous
N/A
Solution

Hi @Mark13,

i believe you, its strange though. Have you tried clearing your cache, logging out then back in?

if you are still having issues after this then please chat with support. 

Mark13
Novice

Hey, thank you for understanding and sorry you waited Smiley Wink

I deleted the cache and registered again but did not help.I did it first before I asked the question, because I had previous experience with those on other sites.However, while I wrote this answer I looked at the dns manager and everything is fine now!I do not know what actually happened here anyway, you've done me good luck, thank you very much for the time you spentHeart

That's why I will mark your preliminary answer for the right solution to this discussion because you obviously helped me, thank you again and best regards!

Anonymous
N/A

Thanks @Mark13 and have a good day 😊

vithanagesc
Novice

name server

why i'm getting this message when i try to change the nameservers,   "The data provided cannot be used, please correct it and resubmit your request."

Anonymous
N/A
kdubica
Novice

I also can not change nameservers, there is no option:

dns-servename.jpg

chrisinfl
Novice

Same here- there is no Change option under nameservers. It just says "Using custom nameservers"

This is the worst registrar I've ever worked with- should be a 30 second task to paste in the new nameserver info.

Ruslans
Novice

Domain DNS servers dont changed

Hello, I changed the domains DNS servers for custom, but now it will show me the all dns servers - from godaddy, and from other too.

How i can fix this problem? Now there is written 6 dns servers, but i need only 4

Employee
Employee

Re: Domain DNS servers dont changed

Hi @Ruslans

Thank you for your post. If you see both pairs of Nameserver this usually means the change is still processing on he server end. This may also mean that it is going through Nameserver validation as some domain extension require approval for Nameserver updates ( most cases taking around 5 business days) 

I recommend searching our help guides for the domain extension (.com, .it, .co.uk as examples) and see if there are certain "Nameserver rules" for the extension. 

https://www.godaddy.com/help/domains-1000003

Also, feel free to contact our customer support line and they will be happy to review the matter.

Best Wishes!

-TechFly

jenb
Novice

Have the same problem on my newly registered domain. 

My other domains do show the change button though.  

Perhaps a back-end processing task needs to complete before that feature is enabled?  

Regardless, it would be good to display a message to explain rather than leave us waiting, not knowing if/when it'll be made available. Grrr.

alapishvili
Novice

Can not change dns nameserver

Hello friends.

today I bought one domein www.sabretti.com and when i change the DNS  ( DNSX121.ONMYDNS.COM  and DNSX122.ONMYDNS.COM)  and klick ok it say ''The data provided cannot be used, please correct it and resubmit your request.''

what i can do?

thanks..

WMG
Novice

Agreed--I quit using GoDaddy since whenever I logged in, they had mucked up the user interface from the last time I had visited, and things would get harder to find each time.

I'm sitting here now, a hot client stewing because I cannot even get their site into the development stage with the domain name since we cannot even change the nameservers on the domain.  This is ridiculous.  Multiple clicks just to list the domains you own.  More clicks to try to find anything even related to DNS or nameserver settings.

Absurd.  I'm having the client move the domain away once we get this sorted.  I can't live with 1) a service that purposely hides nameserver settings so a customer cannot find them, and 2) uses such a poor interface that navigating it is impossible.  

I am SO done with this...

I want to change dns nameserver and received an email:

The modifications you requested for the domain colorra.de have failed.

Error: ModifyRegistration request failure 549 Command failed [53300102912 Nameserver error [ERROR: 901 Unexpected RCODE (target\, entity\, RCODE) (ns1.webindexer.net./192.190.84.93:53\, colorra.de\, REFUSED)]

I need help to change the dns nameserver !!!!!!

Hi @raluferesteanu

A .DE domain has certain requirements in the use of nameservers. The article below will provide more information. You will need to check with your hosting provider to be sure they comply with the >DE Registry requirements. 

https://www.godaddy.com/help/about-de-domains-5825#3

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support
kabeer32
Novice

SRe: Can not change dns nameserver

i have Same Error ,i cant change my name Server i need to change it. my last hosting is experied and purchased the new one kindly help me out of this Problmz i want to change my NameServer

My New Name Server will be

Ns1.Chatovod.com

Ns2.chatovod,com

oddbody
Novice

Re: SRe: Can not change dns nameserver

I'm having the same problem.  Has this been resolved for anyone else
or guidelines given on how to resolve it yourself?  Frustrating!