When ever i try to cancel auto renewal i get the following message:

Sorry, that didn't work.

3 REPLIES 3
Resolver VII
Resolver VII
Solution

Re: Can't Cancel Auto Renew

Hey there,

You need to call customer support and they should be able to help you with this with little effort. However, no one on this forum will be able to assist you with this.

I would recommend against putting a stop on the payments because that will result in a chargeback fee. I think it's like $25-30 for each thing you put a stop payment on. If you want to purchase ANYTHING from GoDaddy in the future, you will have to pay those chargeback fees along with the cost of the product. 

So, call customer support and they should be able to help you out.

Best Regards,

Joe

Check out my site! | My Garage Articles | Portfolio/Resume

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT PROVIDE ANSWERS VIA PM. If you would like personalized help, you can see my pricing on my services page. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!

Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community
Rockstar II
Rockstar II
Solution

@FaucetLove wrote:

When ever i try to cancel auto renewal i get the following message:

Sorry, that didn't work.

@FaucetLove Go into your Renewals section and turn off auto renew there: https://account.godaddy.com/billing?filter=expires&subFilter=90

---

Save money on Godaddy products and get a .com domain for under $1: http://bit.ly/2E7MV0I
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @FaucetLove. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! Excellent suggestions from @justingodfrey and @MrVapor under normal circumstances. However, another thing that can cause this issue is if you have Protected Registration for your domain name. If so, you'll need to cancel that before you can disable automatic renewal for a domain. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.