cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Can't Edit A Record to Point to Adobe Portfolio Site

Hello,

I'm trying to point my domain, jeremydavisphotography.com, to my Adobe Portfolio site.  Adobe provides instructions to change the A record for @ in DNS to an IP address and the CNAME record for www to that same IP.  However, I'm unable to edit the A record for @ (no pencil icon).

Screen Shot 2018-12-10 at 3.32.20 PM.png

Any ideas on how to make this work?  I'm currently using forwarding, but I would like to hook it up the right way.

Thanks,

Jeremy Davis

5 REPLIES 5
Super User III Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: Can't Edit A Record to Point to Adobe Portfolio Site

You'll need to turn off forwarding before editing the A record.

A record-

Host: @

Points to: (the IP address)

CNAME record-

Host: www

Points to: @

Awesome.  Thanks!  Not sure why I didn't think of that.  🙂

Super User III Super User III
Super User III

No problem.

Can I turn off forwarding, edit the @ to point to an IP not in my account, delete the IP for my hosting and then turn the forwarding back on?

(so the forwarding gets people to the site before the domain name is added to the outside account)

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Dave95694. Unfortunately, I don't really understand what your end goal is. You can do all those things but I'm not sure that it would produce the result you want. Please keep in mind that any time you change the DNS for a domain, it takes time for that change to spread across the internet. If you can provide more information about what you're trying to do, that may help others offer further suggestions.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.