cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Can't buy a domain with .99 cents offer

Alright, where do I start?

Misleading promo codes?

Well yes, I guess I need to call it by that name just because I can't buy a domain with the .99 cents offer...
When trying another code just like 30% off it makes me finish an order but when I use any .99 cents promo code it won't let me finish my order.

Problems:
1. When using any .99 cents promo code Paypal and other payments will disappear, only paying by credit card will be left over.

2. I do have a credit card so no problem for me when trying to pay with credit card it won't let me finish the order it will tell me this exact message (There was a problem processing your transaction. Please verify your payment information or use an alternate form of payment. )

Please fix this Godaddy.com

Regards,

J.C

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Can't buy a domain with .99 cents offer

Hi @jaycalvin100. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! The most common cause of not being able to use a promo code of any kind is that it is restricted to either a specific kind of payment method or a particular region. Any codes we send you should be usable where you are located. However, if you find the codes on 3rd party websites, then you might run into this issue. You should be able to find specifics on when/how the promotion can be used by looking at its limitations, which should be listed on the screen in some way. 

If you're seeing the offer on our site but can't take advantage of it, that can also be due to location or if a similar promotion was used in the account previously. The 99¢ offers are usually limited to one per customer. 

As for having issues with a specific payment method, that's something you may need to review with our customer care team. Since this is not a support forum, no one here would be able to look at your account specifics in order to tell you why this is happening. Hope this helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
Solution

Re: Can't buy a domain with .99 cents offer

Hi @JesseW,

Thanks for the reply I got my domain name for the full price now.
I think the problem was that I got the codes from 3rd party websites.

Thank you any way I could use the information about my payment methods falling away for later purchases Smiley Happy