cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Can't update nameserver (ns2)

Hello, I've been trying to update our nameserver but I'm only able to update ns1, not ns2. It keeps giving me this error "Unavailable" and "The data provided cannot be used, please correct it and resubmit your request.". Do you have any idea how to fix this?

I already have the Host Names added for ns1 and ns2 pointed to the our cloud server IP address (same IP). Thanks and hoping to get some assistance on this,

5 REPLIES 5
Super User III Super User III
Super User III

Re: Can't update nameserver (ns2)

What is the domain extension?  Some registries require that the nameservers use different IP addresses.

I have the same issue - getting fed up that I can't do something as simple as change my nameservers for a domain.  They just don't seem to take.  If I refresh the page they haven't changed at all!

Same issue with a .com domain

Hi @djwing and @PhoenixC,

We're not reporting any issues with nameserver updates in our Domain Manager (now, or on the date of posting). If you are entering invalid information or custom nameservers, the system may not be able to verify based on your data. Id you would like help in our community, please provide more information such as the domain name and the nameservers and IP addresses that you are attempting to enter. You may also contact our customer support team at any of the numbers below so they can look into it for you. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support