cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Can't use my domain on my hosting plan

i bought a domain and wordpress both from godaddy and now when i try to use my domain in wordpress it say this domain is being used else where help please

3 REPLIES 3
Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Re: Can't use my domain on my hosting plan

@raedr wrote:

i bought a domain and wordpress both from godaddy and now when i try to use my domain in wordpress it say this domain is being used else where help please

@raedr That typically means that the domain is already associated with another hosting account. If you do not have the domain on any other plan I suggest you reach out to Godaddy and ask them to delete it from the other account so that you can associate it with your account.

----

I have the same problem. In fact I've had it for 2 months now. Godaddy say they've fixed it, but it still misdirects. Apparently to a known SEO malware site. What gets me is that Godaddy can happily sell you a domain name that is in this state i/e/ one you can't actually use. 

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @jacquihogan. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! It's not really possible for a domain name registration itself to be connected to malware. This happens wherever the domain name is pointed to. Once you control the domain, you should be able to control where it points. If you'd like to share the domain, that may help others suggest how you can get that situation resolved. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.