cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Cant change my Nameserver

Hi when i try to change my nameservers it goes to a blank page after I enter new names and nothing happens. After when I refresh and go check it goes back to the goDaddy's servers. Could anyone help me with it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User II

@jchah090 

Typically, that's a caching issue. Try accessing your account via an Incognito/Private window. It should work and show your changes. If not, I would suggest calling tech support as that might be a glitch in your account.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Super User II

@jchah090 

Typically, that's a caching issue. Try accessing your account via an Incognito/Private window. It should work and show your changes. If not, I would suggest calling tech support as that might be a glitch in your account.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

our website is  www. bikingtoursvietnam .com

www. laoscyclingtour .com

www. mekongbikingtours .com

Can not change my own server

Please help me

Hi @Banlan,

Welcome to the Community!

You can use the instructions here to change the nameservers on your domains. If you're having trouble with the action, please open a private/incognito browsing window and make the change per the instructions there. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

I have a hosting plan with hostgator, so i pointed the nameserver to godaddy since last month and till date it hasnt propagated rather i saw this error "

We apologize for this inconvenience, but an error has been detected.

If you need immediate assistance, please contact our customer support department.

Thank You."

the domain name is abitreps.com

please help me, we are about to launch and this is hammering production.

to make matters worst there is no live chat on godaddy

Hi @Gaius,

An external review of your domain shows that the nameservers are directed at the following:

ns8503.hostgator.com
ns8504.hostgator.com

If you wish to point them at GoDaddy, you'll need to choose the "default" nameserver option when you use these instructions to make the change on your domain.

As of 6:45pm EDST 17MAR2020 I cannot change my name servers.  I tried Friday night and still have not been notified of the change.  I accessed my acct and it still shows my old DNS settings.  I looked in the help section and took your advice there regarding the private browser window with no success.  I have used 3 different browsers!  It should never be this difficult!  Fix this!  I'm paying for a domain I cant even use!

I'm having the same problem. Getting purple message saying:

There are restrictions for example.com

• it is not allowed because of domain status and can't have it's nameservers modified.

Hi @cronnin,

If you are seeing an error noting restrictions, you must have a ccTLD with special requirements from the registry for nameserver use. You can go to this article and click on the domain ending that applies to your issue. You'll see the nameserver requirements detailed in the resulting article. 

The one that I'm trying to change ends with .com, and I get the same error restriction.

Hi @cardamonegroup,

Welcome to the Community! If you have been provided delegate access to a domain in another account, the account holder may not have designated that level of permissions. They will need to review your delegate access and be sure to allow for this action. 

Did you find the solution to this? Changed the DNS for a domain under our account a couple of weeks ago, but can't change the DNS of a domain that we've been granted access to.