cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Cant change my nameservers

For some reason I cannot change my nameservers, I just do not see the option to create or change from the default nameservers. Am I just missing something?

20 REPLIES 20
Employee
Employee

Re: Cant change my nameservers

Hi Cajunn,

If your domain is registered with GoDaddy please use the help guide below for guidance of how to update your domains Nameservers. If your domain is not registered with GoDaddy you may need to contact your domain registrar to update the Nameservers of the domain. Hope this helps!

Set nameservers for domains hosted & registered with GoDaddy

https://www.godaddy.com/help/set-nameservers-for-domains-hosted-and-registered-with-godaddy-12316

The specific section you will want to look for is towards the bottom of the "Manage DNS" page and will look similar to the example below:

change-NS2.png

Best Wishes!

-Techfly

There is no "change" button in the default nameservers configuration. 

But in my old domains, I have changed nameservers. For this domains, I can see the change button. I think it is a problem about default configuration.

I wish I could put a screen shot here but uploading an image takes an infinite time. Therefore, when I past an image hosting url, this tool gives me a paste a complete url error.

It shouldn't be that much difficult.

Same goes to me. Do anyone know how to solve this problem?

Hi @kakazainuri and @gunisigic

It sounds like you all are viewing your domains in 'list view', you will want to switch to 'card view' in order to follow the instructions that were provided. You can do this by accessing your domain manager and in the top right corner you will see the two icons to switch between views. 

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

1. I cannot change my name server.

2. I cannot transfer my domain away from godaddy.

I hate these bastards now.  why the hell I register domain with godaddy.  They designed the costumer to stuck with these bastards. I will put this on thousands of forums with a video. 

I have a love-hate relationship with GD and less so towards the love side. 

But what does "They designed the costumer to stuck with these bastards." actually mean?

Hi, 

I'm unable to change nameservers. I don't have Change button next Nameservers heading.

Here's the screenshot.

http://take.ms/QIyBV

New

How to park Domain For Earning my Domain Is http://pakistanichatwebsite.com/

https://awamichat.com
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @mandakamen, Sorry to hear that you were having issues. Hopefully you've been able to resolve them but if not, here's a link to some info on how to change your nameservers https://www.godaddy.com/help/change-nameservers-for-my-domains-664. Take care and please let us know if you need anything else. 

Rachel

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @mehar,

You didn't mention if you're domain is parked with GoDaddy or not but here's help with how to park a domain with GoDaddy https://www.godaddy.com/help/park-a-domain-registered-with-godaddy-23936. If you need more help, please feel to come back to the Community and check in with us. Take care!

Rachel

This is not helpful. The domain is parked with godaddy, and I have changed nameservers before, but now the button to change them has disappeared. And yes, I'm following your guide. #2 in your link does not apply because the Change button is not there. Yes I clicked in from card view.

Edit: Now the button came back. Perhaps there is a limit to how frequently you can change nameservers?

Hello @RachelM, I have tried the link you provided many times already but still unable to resolve the issue. The data provided cannot be used, please correct it and resubmit your request. - fyi: The data I added are correct. I used it on my other domains. I'm not sure why this domain doesn't work. It's a .com.ph domain. 

Highlighted
Solution

Greetings @hsagulo and others,

We want to help, but this sets up just fine on my test account. We cannot access your specific accounts to replicate this, but here are the highest probability solutions:

1. ) The first thing I considered was a difference in the domain DNS handling (resolution). However, all the data I find indicates that .COM.PH should operate similarly to .COM .

2. ) Next, I considered if it was possible that you are using nameservers that are not commercially-recognized. If you are using unknown servers you may need to register them in the system for them to be recognized in our system. See:

https://my.godaddy.com/help/add-my-own-host-names-as-nameservers-12320

3) Finally, buttons (selections) should not appear and disappear. This is a local issue 95% of the time and could be due to the use of different browsers, revisions or custom settings (local color choices, etc). Be sure the browser is up to date and try a different browser if you can.

Finally, if all else fails you will need to contact support at the link below. They can access your account with validation and attempt to replicate the issue in the specific account it is occurring in. If they can replicate it, they can fix it (or escalate the issue to someone who can).

I hope that helps,

Thomas D. - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Cant change my nameservers

So my website was running great, I go yesterday and I receive an error that my website is down.
We go into name servers, and there is two nameservers that can't be changed (that we have never seen before), but the correct names servers we had added before, are gone.
Has anyone had anything like this happen to them? Total names servers change?

@Mdowling76, Did you call support, what did they say about it?

www.protechhosting.com

Yep @resellerlabs, they said they fixed it. I go onto my site and it is not fixed. 

changing name servers can take a day or two, although it's usually really fast. If they said that, you should call them back and let them know it's not working again.

Ask for their email address if you want to reach the same support tech so you don't have to reexplain the situation over and over again to new support reps.

www.protechhosting.com

i have same problem

i want add name server but not agree till now

as till now

DNS modification pending from cloudflare site

why this problem ?

New

I need to Chang nameserver with cloudflare
CINDY MASSEY
New