Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, July 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
_Jay
New

Change PayPal account without adding another payment method?

Hey Team,

I currently have PayPal setup as my payment method. I need to update my PayPal credentials (I have another PayPal account I want to use instead). Is there anyway to do this without having to enter another payment method just for the sake of a few moments while I delete current PayPal details and re-add new PayPal details?

Cheers

Jay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Retired
Not applicable

Hi @_Jay,

No I don't think so as the terms specify that at least one viable method of payment must be in place. This means that you couldn't delete the only method to later replace it with a new method. At least one viable method needs to be in place.

The only way is to add the new method, and it will have to be verified, before removing the old method.

I don't really see the problem with this, as obviously you would have had to verify again your details with PayPal, so why not with Godaddy?

The instructions and terms are pretty straight forward and clear on this, but please speak with support if you need better explanation as to why this is so.....

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Retired
Not applicable

Hi @_Jay,

No I don't think so as the terms specify that at least one viable method of payment must be in place. This means that you couldn't delete the only method to later replace it with a new method. At least one viable method needs to be in place.

The only way is to add the new method, and it will have to be verified, before removing the old method.

I don't really see the problem with this, as obviously you would have had to verify again your details with PayPal, so why not with Godaddy?

The instructions and terms are pretty straight forward and clear on this, but please speak with support if you need better explanation as to why this is so.....

View solution in original post

Thanks for getting back to me. I totally understand one payment method is required, I was just hoping I could update PayPal credentials without having to add another payment method just for the process. As this is a business account, I would rather not have to add my personal credit card details to do so.

Anyway, seems like I'll have too. Cheers

aewarner
Former Employee

Make sure your computer isn't logged into your PayPal account - turn off OneTouch if applicable in your PayPal. If you log out, and leave it logged out, GoDaddy shopping cart will launch an empty PayPal page and you can log in with different creds.

See this article also:  https://www.godaddy.com/help/add-paypal-to-my-godaddy-account-3403