Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, July 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
twdesigns
New

Changing DNS Takes Time Loading Page

Yesterday I needed to change the DNS on one of my Domains. I noticed that the Godaddy Site worked fast except when I clicked to change my DNS. It took minutes to load.

After the fact I have yet to have my domain resolve correctly. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TLH

Hi @twdesigns,

Welcome to the Community!

We understand you're having trouble changing the DNS. Are you changing the nameservers or the zone files? If you'll include your domain name, the Community can take a look at the changes, using an external tool.

Here are a few things you can also try.

1. First and easiest is to take that action - changing the nameservers - in a private/incognito browsing window. This will remove any caching issues that are triggering that error message. 
  2.  Are you using custom nameservers for the domain? Or is your domain a ccTLD (country-code domain)? There can be specific requirements in place by the registry that you'll want to check out. Just go to this link, choose your domain ending, then check the nameserver notes in that article. 
  3. And the third is to check the validity of your nameservers with the hosting provider to which you're trying to direct the domain.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at godaddy.com/help/contact-us

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TLH

Hi @twdesigns,

Welcome to the Community!

We understand you're having trouble changing the DNS. Are you changing the nameservers or the zone files? If you'll include your domain name, the Community can take a look at the changes, using an external tool.

Here are a few things you can also try.

1. First and easiest is to take that action - changing the nameservers - in a private/incognito browsing window. This will remove any caching issues that are triggering that error message. 
  2.  Are you using custom nameservers for the domain? Or is your domain a ccTLD (country-code domain)? There can be specific requirements in place by the registry that you'll want to check out. Just go to this link, choose your domain ending, then check the nameserver notes in that article. 
  3. And the third is to check the validity of your nameservers with the hosting provider to which you're trying to direct the domain.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at godaddy.com/help/contact-us

View solution in original post