cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
maxmimi
Novice

Changing management of nameservers to display DNS information?

Hello,

I have a domain with GoDaddy and previously had emails that worked perfectly with Zoho Mail. This has stopped working now because the MX record for the domain is not pointed to Zoho. Unfortunately, my site developer, who controls my hosting (Siteground) has stopped responding to me and will not share the Siteground login details for my site.

DNS Management in GoDaddy says: "We can't display your DNS information because your nameservers aren't managed by us."

My question is: Is there a way around the fact that I cannot get into Siteground? Can something be changed, such as moving management of the nameservers, without affecting the site functionality that will allow the DNS information to be displayed in GoDaddy so that I can get my emails working again?

Thanks very much in advance.

1 REPLY
Solution

Re: Changing management of nameservers to display DNS information?

Hopefully, you were able to get this resolved, however if you're still having problems with your DNS, you do have a few options.  

First you can change your domain's nameservers to bring over the DNS management to your GoDaddy account per the following instructions: https://www.godaddy.com/help/change-nameservers-for-my-domains-664?.  

This will remove the connection of the domain to your website, but it can be reestablished by inputting your SiteGround hosting IP address as the domain's "A Record".  Once the nameservers are updated, the DNS management will appear so you can edit the MX records as well.  

MPC