cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Connected to Wix But Domain is Parked

I have successfully connected my domain to Wix and the DNS has propagated.  But when I go to the domain, instead of my Wix site, I see the GoDaddy Domain Parked page.  I tried going to the "Connect" page for the domain in GoDaddy and updating the A and CName records with the values from Wix but when I do that I get an "Unexpected Error" and I am supposed to contact support.

How do I fix this and get the domain to redirect to my Wix page?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

Re: Connected to Wix But Domain is Parked

When changing DNS or forwarding you'll actually see "Note: All DNS changes can take 24 - 48 hours to fully update across global networks." and generally I find that true. Some changes are faster, and some seem really slow. I'd suggest that you not keep making changes as you could prolong the propagation time. Make sure that you have your settings proper and wait.

Come back and let us know what happened @INeedSomeHelp. Check out.Manage DNS zone files. I hope that helps? 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Solution

This was not a DNS propagation problem.  I am a web developer, I know how that works.  I actually checked and the address change had propagated to almost all DNS servers within an hour.  The URL was resolving properly on my end.

WIX indicated that the website was connected and published to the URL.  I went in several hours later and it said is was NOT connected.  So I connected again and this time it did work.  So I am guessing that WIX failed to update some setting the first time, but reported success.

Super User I Super User I
Super User I

Good that you got that working properly @INeedSomeHelp. I too have had those hiccups when the hamster on the wheel that powers the internet takes a break. 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head