cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Name Servers not resolving

Hello, I am not sure if I did anything wrong but I have updated to custom nameservers and even added hostnames and their IPs to my domain that is currently hosted on a separate VPS (not Godaddy). When I ping the nameservers they work just fine. However, my intodns report shows me there is something wrong with how the nameservers are rendered from Godaddy. Please advise. Site has been down going on 12 hours. And according to whatsmydns.net, only 5 have it resolved: https://www.whatsmydns.net/#NS/africanblockchain.org

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Custom Name Servers not resolving

@ruco5000 

So I took a quick look, and it appears matchstick.tech (what you are using for your name servers) is using hover.com as their name servers I'm not sure if ns1.matchstick.tech is just an A record or if it was actually register as a name server (it has to get submitted as a host).

Personally unless there is a reason you need to have the VPS be your DNS, I would just leave the DNS on the GoDaddy Servers - I think you'll have better success

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Super User III
Super User III

Re: Custom Name Servers not resolving

@ruco5000 

It appears more DNS servers are picking up the domain now and 1 has ns1.africanblockchain.org
ns2.africanblockchain.org

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community