Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
thenns
Novice

Custom Nameserver and A2hosting

Hi all,

I hope someone can help me with this. Thanks in advance.

I have an unmanaged VPS with a2hosting and had setup nameservers such like this in the Webuzo setup, ns1.mydomain.com, ns2.mydomain.

Now I head back to godaddy and using the KB,https://www.godaddy.com/help/change-nameservers-for-my-domains-664,  I had added the hostname and IP address.

And now when I go to the page where i am entering the my custom nameservers, godaddy tell me very frequently that 

Error: Nameservers "ns1.mydomain.com:, "ns2.mydomain.com" not found.

I had checked, double check and triple check the settings with a2hosting but still this cant be resolved.

Any ideas?

1 REPLY
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Custom Nameserver and A2hosting

Hi @thenns. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! It sounds like you've already registered the domain hosts so you can use custom nameservers. If you're still seeing that error, I'd recommend double-checking to make sure the nameserver hosts appear as registered externally. You can do so by using a DNS check, like this one. If the hosts are registered and you're still seeing the error, then I'd suggest getting in touch with our customer care team so they can take a closer look. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Moderator | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.