Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, August 4th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheARC
New

Custom nameservers

Hello all!

I am currently having problems with custom nameservers and Plesk.

I want to setup so customers can use my namservers rather than giving them the IPs and their DNS can be managed through my panel.

I feel as I have setup GoDaddy correctly and am new to Plesk. I have setup the hostnames in my DNS manager to ns1.mydomain.co.uk along with ns2.mydomain.co.uk and is linked to my IP correctly.

I have also changed the default nameservers on the other domain to the ones said above. (as you would do if it were to redirect through CloudFlare).

All of this is working fine it seems however I feel as something is not setup correctly as Chrome gives this error when going to it:

"server DNS address could not be found. DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN"

This may be an issue with Plesk itself however I am not sure. I am a web developer. Not so much on the hosting side of things.

Thanks for any tips and advice!

3 REPLIES 3
Heather
Employee

Hello @TheARC!

Thank you for posting. I'm not entirely certain what you're trying to do is something that's possible with our Plesk hosting. Are you intending to provide DNS service? 

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Thanks for your response @Heather.

I am hosting this on my own Plesk server. What I am attempting to do is something I have done before, however this was when I used Sentora and I have no idea if the process is the same.

I have setup the custom Host Names for mydomain.co.uk here:

hn1

I wish for domains that are on my server to be done by hostname so rather than them using my IP like here:

hn2

They can input my custom Host Names here to make their DNS settings controllable from my server, like you would do if you were to route through CloudFlare:

hn3

I am very sorry if I seem very unaware about this sort of thing. I have been a web developer for a while, using my own server, but only know the basics of hosting multiple sites like this.

Thank you for your reply, @TheARC!

I'm pretty sure that, if you've already created your hosts within our system, you've done all you need to do from within your account with us. I'm not quite sure what you'd need to do on your server from here to make this work, however. Hopefully someone else within the community will see this and know what needs done from this point on. 

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support