cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

DNS Forwarding not working with masking

Hello,

I have an issue with forwarding website with masking, where I get a blank page if I access the forwarded page, while without masking is working fine.

this issue happened to me almost 6 months ago, and before that it was working, but now it is not working with any website.

I hope I can find solution.

Thank you.

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: DNS Forwarding not working with masking

@Siraj wrote:

Hello,

I have an issue with forwarding website with masking, where I get a blank page if I access the forwarded page, while without masking is working fine.

this issue happened to me almost 6 months ago, and before that it was working, but now it is not working with any website.

I hope I can find solution.

Thank you.

@Siraj Hi there, can you please provide the domain name for further diagnosis?

-----

I am having the same or similar issue.

url:www.summerjourneys.com

Click on "Login" or "Sign Up" and get a blank white screen. All other links on the page appear to work.

Error states "Refused to display ..... in a frame because an ancestor violates the following Content Security Policy directive: "frame-ancestors.......

If I click the link from the original website it works, and if I right click and open in a different tab from masked site it works. If I click the link directly I get a blank white screen.

I opted to remove masking and simply stick with forwarding until this issue can be investigated/resolved. I prefer to mask but apparently it creates security issues.

New

@justingodfrey

This the link which I forwarded with a masking:

http://www.e-sack.com/

I made it to forward an Instagram page and even another website,

but all I get is blank page.

Thank you for your helping.

Super User II
Super User II

@Siraj wrote:

@justingodfrey

This the link which I forwarded with a masking:

http://www.e-sack.com/

I made it to forward an Instagram page and even another website,

but all I get is blank page.

Thank you for your helping.

@Siraj Have you tried testing it by using a regular redirect without masking?

--

New

Any solution to this issue ?  I am having same issue now.

I get a blank page, when I viewed source, it has frameset  tags with src to my directed URL.

Why it isn't loading ? GoDaddy saying to me it takes 24-48 hrs for redirect works but I don't believe that is the real reason. When I setup  the forwarding 2 years ago I didn't have this long wait for it to work.

The same problem with my domain www.vaibla.net. Frameset shows correct address in source but only blank page is displayed. Moreover - cannot change to direct forwarding, red error message is displayed that some error occurred and please contact support. So I'm stuck on blank page. It has been so last few months. Looks like better to avoid using GoDaddy forwarding!!!

New

I have the same problem.

Any clue of how to solve it? 

Thank you

I had the same issue.  All I had to do is force the links to open at the top level of the page ( which removes the mask ) when redirecting outside the current site.   Just change the links on the page to include target="_top" and the link should work.

For example, from my masked page, the following would give a blank page:

<a href="http://www.facebook.com"> Facebook </a>

Where the following works correctly:

<a href="http://www.facebook.com" target="_top"> Facebook </a>

Any solution to this issue ?  I am having same issue now.