Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, July 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cathyvr
New

DNS Hosting - Domain Name Registered Elsewhere.

Hi Community,

Being new to GoDaddy, I need some help with adding DNS hosting to my domain please.

My domain is registered with a different company, but I am using GoDaddy's website Builder. In order to add DNS hosting so that my website can have my own domain name, I updated the Nameservers with the other company 24 hours ago, yet I still can't add the DNS hosting here.

Advice please ... my website needs to go live soonest!

Many thanks

1 REPLY 1
JesseW
Community Manager

HI @cathyvr. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! Just setting up the domain on our site builder should create a zone file for the domain (DNS hosting). I'd recommend double-checking to make sure you're using the right nameservers for the domain if the site isn't coming up. If you're not seeing the domain's zone listed when you enter DNS management, I'd recommend clearing your browser cache/cookies to see if that helps. If it doesn't, you'll need to connect with our support team so they can see what's going on. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.