cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

DNS Hosting Problem

OK it's a little long and complicated story 😄

I have domains "inspire.eg and mkcl.com.eg" which registered at "egregistry.eg" company as I can't buy .eg domain except from their.

These domain was assigned to "Godaddy windows hosting" with DNS hosting to manage IP and MX records.. the old IP was 50.63.197.12 and dns was I think NS13 and NS14.domaincontrol.com ..

4 Days ago I contacted the domain registrar to change the DNS to my new hosting account which has IP 160.153.133.229 and DNS NS01 and NS02.domaincontrol.com

they contacted me that they changed the DNS and I've to change the A record from godaddy panel so I went to my old account and removed the 2 domains from DNS hosting and Added them to the new account as DNS hosting and added the A and MX records but I've noticed that the DNS is showing from the DNS hosting panel as ns67 and  ns68.domaincontrol.com which wasn't the old or the new dns as the image below 😕

Capture.PNG

anyway that was 3 days ago and till now the domains not working .. some whois sites says the domain not found and some gives the old IP but none of the domains is working.

I've contacted the registrar and they double checked the DNS and said they has no other option or inputs and I need to change the A and MX from godaddy and I've contacted godaddy and they said the domain isn't resolving correctly and I need to contact the registrar which is done 3 times .. and I don't know what to do now 😞

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III Super User III
Super User III

Re: DNS Hosting Problem

The hosting comes with DNS preconfigured with the proper IP address for your account, you'll just need to set the proper nameservers for the domain.  Make sure you're looking up each addon or alias domain for the proper nameservers.  You can find them following the second set of steps from this article https://www.godaddy.com/help/find-your-websites-nameservers-in-plesk-hosting-16141

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: DNS Hosting Problem

Hi @MahmoudGamal. It sounds like our system isn't creating zone files for the domains correctly. This can sometimes happen with country specific domain registrations. If your domains are hosted on a hosting plan in a GoDaddy account, you shouldn't need to add the "DNS Hosting" to it. The domain should be listed in the Domain Control Panel automatically. DNS hosting is only for situations where you need to add DNS in our system before the domain is registered or hosted with us. (DNS Hosting is a temporary service that expires after 30 days.) I would recommend making sure that the domains have been properly added to the hosting account and if they are, contact our care team so they can take a look at your DNS issue. I hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.