Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, July 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Ordonia
Getting Started

DNS Manage missing. Account DNS

Hi,

I need help. I cant seem to find the DNS in my account. I don't know where to find the Report.

Can someone help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Ordonia 

The DNS isn't in your GoDaddy account - it's on the site / account where you purchased the domain - If you want to manage the DNS at GoDaddy, you can but first you would need to update the name server settings where you registered the domain. 

Here are the instructions to add the DNS on the GoDaddy side - https://www.godaddy.com/help/add-dns-hosting-20165

You would still need to update the settings where you purchased the domain to point to GoDaddy

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
PL281
Super User IV

@Ordonia 

https://dcc.godaddy.com/manage/YOURDOMAIN.COM/dns 

replacing yourdomain.com with your actual domain should get you to the DNS for your domain.

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Ordonia
Getting Started

It's all blank.

One more thing, I don't see my domain in "My Domain" page.

Is this a bug?

site3.PNG

@Ordonia 

1) I would try an incognito window

2) I would verify that you are logged into the same account you purchased the domain 

Ordonia
Getting Started

Tried in incognito. No luck.

I didn't purchase the domain from godaddy.

I asked a friend to host and it works fine for him. When I tried to host it in my account, It does not show anything. 
Do I have other options?

@Ordonia 

Ok so let me understand....

The domain / hosting was purchased by your friend in their (your friend's) account.

That would mean you need to log into their GoDaddy account to see / access your domain. 

Ordonia
Getting Started

No. sorry, I'm a total newb.

I purchased the domain from a different website.

then I purchased a hosting in Godaddy.
and then I proceed with the steps by steps on how to host my domain in GoDaddy. the problem is the DNS. I can't find the DNS under my GoDaddy account. So, I asked a friend to help me figure out the problem. I reset/removed everything in my GoDaddy account. and I asked my friend to host. After a few moments, everything is working for him. Under his godaddy account, he can clearly see the domain and DNS, report etc. etc.

@Ordonia 

So...

1) Unless you update your DNS (wherever you purchased the domain) to point to the GoDaddy DNS, it's not going to show in the DNS manager

2) If your friend is seeing it in their DNS manager it means they added it to their account.

What is your domain?

Ordonia
Getting Started

best300things.com

Where can I find my own DNS?

@Ordonia 

So based on https://dnschecker.org/#NS/best300things.com

Your DNS is with registar-servers.com so that is where you would need to manage the DNS - I'm guessing this is where you purchased the domain from.

Ordonia
Getting Started

Yes that is correct.

The problem is, I can't find the DNS in my account.

@Ordonia 

The DNS isn't in your GoDaddy account - it's on the site / account where you purchased the domain - If you want to manage the DNS at GoDaddy, you can but first you would need to update the name server settings where you registered the domain. 

Here are the instructions to add the DNS on the GoDaddy side - https://www.godaddy.com/help/add-dns-hosting-20165

You would still need to update the settings where you purchased the domain to point to GoDaddy

View solution in original post