cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS Management/Forwarding error

I've tried numerous times to use the DNS to forward to domain. It keeps coming up with an error message. Same thing when I use the "connect to an existing site" page. I've done as some folks have suggested - cleared my cache, tried a different browser/computer, but it's not working. Help?

6 REPLIES 6

Domain Manager DNS error Solved

We apologize for this inconvenience, but an error has been detected.
If you need immediate assistance, please contact our customer support department.

Thank You.

To those who have been getting error. There are 2 ways of getting to your DNS

First Option:

> Domain

> All Domain

> Click on the Domain NAme you wish to change DNS

> Scroll down until you see Manage DNS and click on it

You're In

Second option:

https://dcc.godaddy.com/manage/(domain name without www).com/dns

If this work tell godaddy to hire me. I'm currently unemployed and looking for a job. =)

Re: DNS Management/Forwarding error

It's been happening for the last 2 hours and unsurprisingly, no word from Godaddy on why or when (I many be wrong). I am trying the transfer domain to another registrar feature. Hopefully that works Smiley Wink

DNS managing error

I have been trying to manage my domains DNS. I just bought it today, but every time I try to manage its DNS an error message shows up stating, "We apologize for this inconvenience, but an error has been detected" and that is all it says. I have a strong internet connection. I want to make the DNS tied to another website.

Change of DNS not being accepted, says host doesn't exist (it does!)

I'm trying to change the DNS of this new registered domain and I'm getting an error every single time. It says the host(s) doesn't exist, but they do. The new addresses are perfectly valid, as I have another domain registered here (and a couple others registered elsewhere) that I had changed the DNS to these same addresses I'm trying now, and it's working fine. The new DNS's are NS1.DREAMHOST.COM, NS2.DREAMHOST.COM and NS3.DREAMHOST.COM. If add just the first 2 addresses, it says the NS2 address doesn't exist, and if I add the 3 addresses, it says the NS3 doesn't exist (it always says the last of the added addresses don't exist).

In the other domain I have registered here that is working and uses the same DNS hosts they are listed in the domain information not in order, it's ns1/ns3/ns2 instead of ns1/ns2/ns3. I'm not sure if this makes any difference but I'll try to add them in this other order.

I'm not planning to start hosting this site immediately (as in tomorrow) but if I can't change a simple setting like this... as a side note, I also had the same error in the DNS managing page others are receiving, the generic "sorry there was an error" message. After some time, it started working.

Hi @JessicaNYC, thanks for posting.

The GoDaddy team is aware of an issue causing intermittent errors when trying to manage Forwarding, and it's being worked on.

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 Support | Check System Status

I have had this exact issue for days.  When I forward without making I get "An unexpected error occurred. If this issue continues, contact support."  Have cleared the browser cache, used multiple browsers and computers.  My site is only about half usable due to this and it's very frustrating.  Is there any solution to this problem that was recognized a month ago?