cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

DNS Management

Hi

I just checked my Domain DNS Management and notice on my Records an IP address ( A   @   (IP Address)  600 seconds) not sure what this IP address certain its not my Private/Public address I have only 1 static IP address that I own that what my ISP provider told me. I tested my domain and its not working its just pauses for very long time and then it gives up.
I have another Domain with "No-IP" and that one works fast.

Sal.

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III

Re: DNS Management

@Sa9aX 

The IP address would be that of the web server. The only reason it would be YOUR "Local" IP address is if you are hosting the website on a server located at your facility.

Otherwise this should point to the IP address where your server is.

What is your domain?

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

That IP address is not from my Web Server suppose to be pointing at my static WAN IP 111.220.108.9 and the web server is located on my QNAP device, I can't change the IP address its locked. The software that I am using for web server is Wordpress its incomplete and domain I am using salmedia.org, its a personal page.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@Sa9aX 

OK... 

the 184.168.131.241 is GoDaddy's forwarding IP - this would mean when you setup the DNS settings in GoDaddy, you put in the IP in the lower right corner for DNS

This is forwarding to  111.220.108.9 (Your Public IP Address)

which in turn is trying to load 192.168.1.3 (The internal IP of your QNAP)

WordPress is not a server - you need to run Apache or Windows IIS or something of the sort. 

So the domain "may" work inside your network, but if you want the public to get to your domain, you will need to get help from someone that can do network configuration as you more than likely will need to adjust your router / modem to pass the traffic correctly. 

Additionally while the files may live on your QNAP device, your local computer may actually be the web server

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community