I have a google site that I wish to use my domain with. This was working fine until 2 things happened. Firstly the site was changed from a google 'classic' site to their new sites. This meant having to update the DNS settings to allow google to verify I owned the domain I wished to have pointed to the site address.
I tried to add to the DNS the requested settings to allow domain ownership to be verified (https://www.google.com/webmasters/verification/verification?domain=www.vintage-equestrian.co.uk), and got it wrong, managing to delete all the settings.
I now need to correct this so that when someone visits my domain they arrive at the google site.
Current DNS Setting are:
|SOA||@||Primary nameserver: ns71.domaincontrol.com.||1 Hour|
The "A" record was added when I tried to use the forwarding setting in the DNS manager screen.
The "TXT" record is what I added following google's instructions.
Right now my domain cannot be found.all attempts to visit it fail. Can anyone help me figure this out?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Sorry the message lost the table when posted. Here are the current DNS records:
Type Name Value TTL Actions
A @ 220.127.116.11 600 seconds
NS @ ns71.domaincontrol.com 1 Hour
NS @ ns72.domaincontrol.com 1 Hour
SOA @ Primary nameserver: ns71.domaincontrol.com. 1 Hour
TXT @ google-site-verification=4Ps_efKjo7fwrMbzWj0xJXIy5uiKypZLiGwyLg-qFV0 1 Hour
(1) I have setup up according to Godaddy's instruction to add in Type A record to the ip address "
BUT Later when I logged in back it changed or replaced with "18.104.22.168". What is this guy "
Type Name Value TTL Actions
" doing in DNS management record? It wasnt there before and suddently emerge and looks like its going to get stuck there forever without the (pen) edit or delete button.
(2) When I verify the DNS on google the name of the domain changes from
"mnuzone.com" to "mnu zoneS" which wasnt the DNS I registered. The domain that I register for was mnuzone.com.
Its been a few days now and I can park the domain to google sites.
Hi @Ranger_24 . Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! It looks like you've been able to resolve this issue. I'm seeing a website when I visit vintage-equestrian.co.uk. If so, please consider following up here with the steps you took to resolve the issue. Others may benefit from what you've experienced. Thanks!
@Ranger_24 You're right. My mistake. Sorry to hear you decided to move on but glad you were able to find a solution.
@mnu The IP 22.214.171.124 belongs to our forwarding service. The IP 126.96.36.199 is for our parked pages. When I force the domain (locally) to use the forwarding IP, I see an error related to HTTPS. That, along with your other DNS that I can see, suggests that you should probably remove both our forwarding service and the parked IP address. Then, you can add an A Record that points to the IP address(es) that Google supplies. If you can do that, it should get your site pointed to Google.
Note: You can not use our forwarding service with HTTPS.
I am having the same difficulty as @Ranger_24 . I cannot verify my domain name that I hold through GoDaddy with the Google site that was changed from a classic site to the new one. I have tried every option several times over the last several weeks and it still doesn't verify. It worked great until Google changed their stuff.
Hi @fcspatti Welcome to GoDaddy Community! The most common causes of what you're seeing are misconfigured DNS or DNS propagation. However, without more information, it's hard to guess at what's occurring. If you'd like to share your domain name and the records you're trying to validate, that may help others in the community offer suggestions.
I am also have the same issue that I cannot get my converted google site to direct to my domain at GoDaddy. I have followed the instructions on Google's page to add the TXT value but it doesn't work. I have tried to add the CNAME record as the alternate option provided on Google's site but I'm getting "An unxpected error occurred." message when I attempt to do that. The domain I'm trying to verify is www.bayouairgunclub.com
Hi @jwylie The most common cause of what you're seeing is a misconfigured record. When creating the CNAME, make sure that the value you use for the host/name field does not include your full domain name. For example. If you have cooldomain.com and you want a CNAME for _xyz123verify.cooldomain.com, you'd just enter "_xyz123verify" in the host/name field. If you've done that but it's still not working, feel free to share the CNAME you're trying to add.
Thanks @JesseW Google doesn't have that noted on their site. Might want to pass that along to your support folks on the chat as well because the person I was chatting with said everything looked good to him and I need to contact Google.
I'll update the CTEXT record and give that a try.