cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

DNS settings won't refresh/propagate globally... even after 1 week!

I am trying to add custom TXT records to my domain. I can save the records, and see them. But they simply do not propagate to global servers no matter how long I wait or how many times I contact support.

1 week ago I added new TXT records. 1 week! And a week later not a single global server is updated with the records. And not a single DNS check tool shows any changes.

GoDaddy chat is impossibly inept and keeps telling me to wait. Priya told me to wait 5 minutes. And then Komalpreet told me to wait 24-48 hours. And then Rubi S told me to wait 72 hours. WTH?!? I have already been patiently waiting 168 hours.

What in the world must I do? Change registrars? Is there any hope out there???

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III

Re: DNS settings won't refresh/propagate globally... even after 1 week!

@GMMI 

Can you share your domain, what txt record you are trying to add and a screen shot of the DNS entries. Without seeing the information, the only thing I can think of is that you are update the DNS in your cPanel, but the domain is not using the DNS in cPanel and therefore you need to update it where it is using the DNS

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

New

Yes, that seems logical @PL281. But that's not quite the case.

My domain is globalmmi.net. And I'm using GoDaddy's DNS to point to custom MX records successfully as well as point to an external web host. The TXT records I am trying to add (and that I have HAVE added in my DNS management page) are simple verification records to allow me to setup Mailgun to SMTP service on my site.

I edited the TXT records before, again succesfully, to verify domain ownership for Gsquite services. But any changes I have made in the last 2 weeks have had no effect, as you can see here: https://who.is/dns/globalmmi.net

There is no TXT record showing at all. Nothing.

Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@GMMI 

My suggestion would be to call into GoDaddy support and ask them to do a Zone Refresh - I have seen from time to time (like 2-3 times out of 100) where although the zone editor shows the updates it doesn't actually submit into the DNS system - doing the zone refresh should resolve / propagate the zone

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community