cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Database

Hi, I moved my existing website WP to my new domain through Cpanel (Filemanager). When I click on the new domain (example.com/wp-admin) it redirected to my previous domain WP admin. I can't log into my WP admin of my new domain. My WP website is running in two domains.

Thanks,

Arrais

9 REPLIES 9
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Database

@arrais03 

If you go to the wp_options table  there are 2 records site_url and home_url to update then you should be good to go

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Hi, where exact I have to go  "wp_options table"?

Super User III
Super User III

@arrais03 

In cPanel you can go to phpMyAdmin and then find the table / rows and edit them

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Hi, I took a look at phpMyAdmin when I click at the new domain it shows there are no table / row  in the database. Really I am not a user of phpMyAmin. 🙂

Super User III
Super User III

@arrais03 

Something doesn't make sense then - you said you moved the site to a new domain - how did you do this - can you post some screen captures of your configuration and we can see where things are off

Highlighted

Hi, first I made a backup (files and database) of my main domain in cpanel and download it in my computer. After that I oploaded in file manager in my add domain where I want to transfer my whole website. When i look at the wp-config of the two domains they have same details. That is the reason when I want to go the wp-admin of the second domain it redirected to the main domain wp-admin. Below a screenshot of my list domains.

Super User III
Super User III

@arrais03 

Ok let's step back for a minute - So you are trying to move the site between servers or just make a copy of it.

1) What is current domain

2) What is the new domain

You said you download the files and database

Did you create a new database where the site is getting moved / copied to and import the sql file or did you just upload the SQL in file manager?

I want to move the site of the current main domain (http://getdigitalproducts.com) to my new add domain (http://thenewstodayworld.com). I just made a backup and oploaded with the filemanager in my new domain. I didn't create any database!

Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@arrais03 

So you want to change the domain for the or make a copy of it and have it on both.

Right now http://www.getdigitalproducts.com/ is pointing to the public_html and is the main domain on the server.

thenewstodayworld.com is an add-on domain and is pointed to the folder in the root of the server which is fine

Every WordPress site must have its own database - So that is where I'm getting confused - if you would like to send me a private message I can take a look at the server for you