cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Default DNS Settings Updated for 2019 Needed

Hi guys, 

So somehow I have messed up my DNS settings and my cpanel email is not working. While trying to fix the email, I have messed up the DNS settings even further. I found this post which has default DNS settings but I am not sure if these are still being used or have been changed by Godaddy.

https://pk.godaddy.com/community/Managing-Domains/Default-DNS-Settings/m-p/58974#M14971

So for instance, this one says 

MX@mailstore1.secureserver.net (Priority: 10)1 Hour

MX@smtp.secureserver.net (Priority: 0)1 Hour

But my current settings are like mail.domain.com (Priority:0) 1 Hour and there is only this one record, not two like above.

Can I please get the current default dns settings being used? Please add the right email related settings as well. 

Huge thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Default DNS Settings Updated for 2019 Needed

Hi @rizzi. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! It's difficult to say for sure what settings you'd need to use without more information. The mail.domain.com MX record is usually in place if you're using cPanel email hosting. If that's the case, then take a look at the information here to set up cPanel DNS. 

If the above doesn't help, I suggest reviewing the post here to learn more about what kind of information you can supply to help others offer good responses. Hope you're able to get this figured out!

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.