cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ChrisWolf
Novice

Default Domain does not match NS in DNS Record... So nothing is resolving.

Hello,

For some reason the nameserver records listed do not match the ones assigned by default from godaddy. As a result nothing is working. Anyone know how to fix this? I cannot edit the NS records...

9 REPLIES

Re: Default Domain does not match NS in DNS Record... So nothing is resolving.

Welcome @ChrisWolf,

I'd like to help, but we can't view account settings in The Community. I'm curious why you say you can't set the DNS differently.. This should work:

https://www.godaddy.com/help/manage-dns-zone-files-680

If it does not, please contact support at the link below. They can get in your account with validation and get right to the issue.

I hope that helps,

Thomas D. - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

ChrisWolf
Novice

Sorry guess I wasnt clear. The point was that when the DNS is set to default the two NS listed under the default settings are not the same as the two listed in the NS entry. IE: the automated process to add NS is adding conflicting data. 

Also adding additional records with the two NS listed under the default setting causes the name to resolve just fine. However I cannot remove the two faulty records since they are automatically generated by godaddy and have no edit option. 

GoDaddy Pro Trusted Advisor

Hi @ChrisWolf,

what is your domain name?

ChrisWolf
Novice

streamingby.design

Hi @ChrisWolf,

as @T-3D mentioned, you will have to get in touch directly with support but typing your IP address into Safari web browser: http://138.197.47.199 will give you a little insight, or should. Smiley Happy

Please use 'Safari' web browser to replicate results.

ChrisWolf
Novice

rammsteinium wrote:

Hi @ChrisWolf,

as @T-3D mentioned, you will have to get in touch directly with support but typing your IP address into Safari web browser: http://138.197.47.199 will give you a little insight, or should. Smiley Happy

Thanks but somehow I dont think typing ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM into any browser will produce any helpful information. Since I said earlier the problem with resolving the records was in fact fixed by adding a 3rd and 4th record of correct NS entries the problem was accurately diagnosed and not the topic of the post. 

Perhaps to advice people you should read the issue instead of assuming what the problem is. 

The problem is that I now have two NS entries which do not point to the correct nameservers and I cannot remove them. Perhaps since "trusted" support cannot read the question this is obviously a support call issue.

Thanks have a great day!

@ChrisWolf,

ChrisWolf wrote:

rammsteinium wrote:

Hi @ChrisWolf,

Thanks but somehow I dont think typing ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM into any browser will produce any helpful information. Since I said earlier the problem with resolving the records was in fact fixed by adding a 3rd and 4th record of correct NS entries the problem was accurately diagnosed and not the topic of the post. 

Perhaps to advice people you should read the issue instead of assuming what the problem is. 

The problem is that I now have two NS entries which do not point to the correct nameservers and I cannot remove them. Perhaps since "trusted" support cannot read the question this is obviously a support call issue.

Thanks have a great day!

There is no need for rudeness and sarcasm, I did indeed read your post and did not staff and moderator @T-3D tell you that only support could help you?? Did not state exactly the same thing? I also said it may give a little insight, not a quick fix! Guess 'I'm not the only one not reading'

I was merely pointing out that your claim that nothing resolved simply was not true! If you are going to use terminology at least try and get it right!

A less ungrateful attitude might bring you more help in future........... it is 1:30 am in Scotland and I am tired after a long day......... I still took time to help yet another ungrateful and arrogant idiot!

Good day!

ChrisWolf
Novice

rammsteinium wrote:

@ChrisWolf,

ChrisWolf wrote:

rammsteinium wrote:

Hi @ChrisWolf,

Thanks have a great day!

There is no need for rudeness and sarcasm, I did indeed read your post and did not staff and moderator @T-3D tell you that only support could help you?? Did not state exactly the same thing? I also said it may give a little insight, not a quick fix! Guess 'I'm not the only one not reading'

I was merely pointing out that your claim that nothing resolved simply was not true! If you are going to use terminology at least try and get it right!

A less ungrateful attitude might bring you more help in future........... it is 1:30 am in Scotland and I am tired after a long day......... I still took time to help yet another ungrateful and arrogant idiot!

Good day!

No sarcasm at all. I just dont understand how "typing your IP address into Safari web browser" can help remove a dns record. Perhaps you can elaborate how this is possible?

@ChrisWolf,

i just wanted to point out that something was working despite the records. If something is working that you were not too far from the solution. Other than nothing at all. 

I could reach your server!! 

It doesn't matter, never mind. I would follow @T-3D (godaddy employee) advice and contact support. 

Best of luck.