Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, August 4th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Coley87
New

Delegate nameservers for subdomain for sendinblue.com

Hi All

I'm trying to setup my domain lets call it domain.co.uk so that it can be used by sendinblue.com for email marketing. They want me to setup a subdomain which will use their nameservers meaning they can set everything else up. Seems fine and i've followed GoDaddy's guide here https://uk.godaddy.com/help/add-an-ns-record-19212 to setup email.domain.co.uk

I did that about 6 days ago but it still isn't working if I use whatsmydns.net to check the propegation some servers like Australia and Italy will sometimes show correctly but never more than 2 or 3 countries and it changes which ones and is sometimes none.

I spoke to GoDaddy support and after I had to insist they read the guide I mentioned above to get them to understand what i actually want to do and stop pointing me at the guide to setup a subdomain A record they said that aside from adding the NS records for the subdomain i need to create a custom host name as per godaddy guide number 12320 (won't put the hyperlink as it warns not to put in more than one).

That to me looks like something i would do if i wanted my main domain name servers to resolve to xxx.domain.co.uk and point to your own custom nameserver IP address which i couldn't do as all i've got are the nameservers that sendinblue gave me which are ns1.sendinblue.com and ns2.sendinblue.com.

Does anyone have any experience or insight into what might be going wrong?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sendinblue doesn't let you setup the domain until after you've done this to set the nameservers to them. I have spoken to them about it, it was actually them that showed me the digwebinterface.com thing and they agree that everything is right. I can just set all the DNS entries for the subdomain manually instead of delegating it to them so it's not the end of the world. It seems like something has gone wrong on Godaddy's end. Thanks for sanity checking it for me

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PL281
Super User IV

@Coley87 

Can you share your actual domain so we can take a look at what DNS records are being reported 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Hi there, sure it's moorgatefinance.co.uk and the subdomain i'm trying to delegate is email.moorgatefinance.co.uk

Thanks

@Coley87 

Can you post a screen capture from the GoDaddy DNS system showing the NS entries for email.moorgatefinance.co.uk as I'm not seeing anything being reported for that 

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Here we are, Interestingly i've also found that if you do an authorative check with digwebinterface.com it looks correct. https://www.digwebinterface.com/?hostnames=email.moorgatefinance.co.uk&type=NS&useresolver=8.8.4.4&n...

NS Entries.jpgThanks

So I did a lookup and you are correct in that  the NS records are in the DNS

I also looked up using the site you provided looked up the domain in the GoDaddy servers and it had the records...

However when I then looked up the domain with the SendinBlue dns it didn't return any entires - Are you sure the domain is in their system - perhaps that is the hold up here

Sendinblue doesn't let you setup the domain until after you've done this to set the nameservers to them. I have spoken to them about it, it was actually them that showed me the digwebinterface.com thing and they agree that everything is right. I can just set all the DNS entries for the subdomain manually instead of delegating it to them so it's not the end of the world. It seems like something has gone wrong on Godaddy's end. Thanks for sanity checking it for me

View solution in original post