cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Deleting the "Forwarded" A record?

Hello world.

I'm working on something with my domain and I need to point the root of it to an IP address using an A record.

I did that successfully, but now I ran into a problem: there's another A record on the root of the domain, pointing to something named "Forwarded", that I cannot delete (the edit/delete button is literally not there). This additional record interfers with my system and I need to get rid of it.

I don't use the forwarding feature for this domain. Can I disable it somehow to remove this record?

Cheers,

~Opalium

3 REPLIES 3
Solution

Re: Deleting the "Forwarded" A record?

Hi @Opalium,

Welcome to the Community!

If the word "forwarded" is listed in the A Record, and you wish to remove it, look further down the DNS management screen. At the lower right will be an area where you must have previously setup a forwarding command. When you delete that forward in this lower area (by clicking the edit icon, then deleting) the word will be removed in the DNS record. A domain is not usually "forwarded" to an IP address, but directly pointed to it by putting the IP address in as the A Record. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

Hi @TLH! Thank you for your reply.

As I mentioned, I do not have any forwarding rules set up for this domain. Here's how the Forwarding panel looks:

firefox_2018-10-14_11-35-32.pngHowever, the A record in question is still there and I cannot delete it.

firefox_2018-10-14_11-49-45.png

Am I missing something here? Are you referring to something else, perhaps?

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hi @Opalium. I'm sure that is what @TLH meant. You should be able to delete the forwarded A Record if you do not have forwarding enabled for the domain. I'd suggest first clearing your browser's cache and cookies. If that doesn't help, then try using a cacheless browsing window (FireFox private window, Chrome incognito, etc.), then an entirely different browser. If that also doesn't work, please connect with our customer care team so they can get the record removed for you. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.