cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Getting Started

Do I need to transfer my domain to blue host?

Right now, my domain name is only forwarded with masking so it's not possible to copy a link of the different webpages on my new site/domain to share them. And when an article is shared on fb through my site, it posts the article with the original domain name instead of the current domain name I'd like for my site. Do I need to transfer my domain? How do I do that?
Thanks so much!
3 REPLIES 3
Super User 2020

@Rose57

Instead of forwarding/masking, change the two DNS nameservers on your domain record to the Blue Host nameservers.  Blue Host should provide you with those nameservers.

Then login to your GoDaddy account and update your domain's nameservers with the custom namesevers from Blue Host.

HTH! 😉

Judith
"No guts, no story." ~ Chris Brady

Getting Started

Thanks, I just did that and it didn't work unfortunately. What am I doing wrong?
Super User 2020

@Rose57

Two basic things are required for a domain to display a website.

1. The domain has to be added to the hosting account the website is on.

2. The domain DNS has to have the nameservers in place provided by the web host.

If both are in place your site should display.  If not either the change is still propagating or one of the above is not in place.

If both are in place and you still don't see your site, you'll need to talk to Blue Host to confirm the nameservers you put in place and ask if there is anything else you need to do.

HTH! 😉

Judith
"No guts, no story." ~ Chris Brady