cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Domain DNS Probe Error

Assalam-o-Alaikum! My website  domain is naqshbandistore.com , it is down for 2 days in a row for now. I tried calling phone support but their support said they don't know what is the problem with website and said it will be taken care by IT department. But it is not solved.

Website suddenly started giving DNS probe error. After talking with support I waiter nearly 20 hours then I tried to change DNS to custom but I changed my mind and select default DNS and saved the settings, Nameserver were changed from "ns13.domaincontrol.com, ns14.domaincontrol.com" to "ns43.domaincontrol.com,ns44.domaincontrol.com". First I tried mxtool for dns lookup it didn't show anything but after nameserver were changed it started showing new nameservers but website is still inaccessible.

cPanel is accessible via godaddy client panel. when I tried to open cpanel with naqshbandistore.com:2083 it gives dns probe error.

Kindly help me. It is business website and down for more than 2 days.

I would like to get email or skype support from godaddy. Phone call support take too much time.

Abdul Wadood
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Domain DNS Probe Error

Hello abdulwad7869,

I understand you are having issues getting to the naqshbandistore.com:2083

The issue appears to be dns related. The way I was able to identify this was doing an "A" record search on a third party site.

Whatsmydns.net

https://www.whatsmydns.net/#A/naqshbandistore.com

As you can see from the results there is no A record in place. To resolve the issue create an A record and get the domain pointed to the ip address of your hosting plan. 

Once the update has completed you can attempt to reach the website within about 24 hrs.

Mike L. | WebPro

Thanks for you reply and support.

I didn't change anything under domain setting it was all done by godaddy. I have called them and I know this is DNS error. I have faced other DNS issues while migrating websites but this was a live website and nothing was changed when it went down. and godaddy support didn't tell me anything about this error and when it will be solved.

I would like to get more information about this problem and how to solve it. My cpanel is accessible via secureserver.net and website IP shown in godaddy panel is not getting any ping either.

I would like to get every possible help.

Abdul Wadood

Having same issue.  Building site and every time I click on anything that resembles submit, publish, edit etc. I have to wait several minutes to get site to load.  Get this and I haven't gone into c-panel or made any changes since the site went live.

This site can’t be reached

The connection was reset.

Try:

ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

I have yet to get reply from godaddy community. Because it is their issue to solve. As of my search, this error is because webhosting account is on different server than DNS nameservers are pointing to.

Kindly someone guide me if I am wrong. also let me know how to get DNS nameservers from cpanel.

Abdul Wadood

Now DNS nameservers of the domain of are changed by godaddy to "ns15.domaincontrol.com, ns16.domaincontrol.com" without any notice. It needs sometime to get propagation. Now Website IP has started getting pings too.

I hop this will fix my issue.

Abdul Wadood

I have been trying to get DNS nameservers from website IP but I am getting "ip-192-186-216-227.ip.secureserver.net" in reverse DNS Lookup. hence other hosting providers redirects original DNS nameserver of their server.

I have tried reverse DNS lookup with other hosting providers but  godaddy hosting is not giving me DNS nameserver to which I should point my domain.

I hope they won't let me down and give me proper suggestion and solution.

Abdul Wadood

Now DNS nameservers are again changed to "ns59.domaincontrol.com, ns60.domaincontrol.com". I don't know what's going on but my website is still down. they keep changing defaul nameservers of my domain and website is down straight for 3 days now.

Abdul Wadood
Solution

Hello abdulwad7869 , 

Try checking your ip address on your hosting plan and matching it with the "A" record within your dns zone file. 

if you call into our support they can show you how to do this. 

or you can try following this once you have found the ip of your hosting plan. 

https://www.godaddy.com/help/change-an-a-record-19239

Mike L. | WebPro
Highlighted

Thanks. After adding website IP to 'A' recorder website is working again. Godaddy should have let me know when I called them and neither support reply in community.

Abdul Wadood