Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, July 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
indielabs
Getting Started

Domain Hacked?

Hi guys,

My domain www.volutednews.com has been vacant for a while. I had no site built there yet, but just discovered someone has a site on it selling skin care products.  
Have I been hacked? 

What do I do?

7 REPLIES 7
Retired
Not applicable

Hi @indielabs,

are you sure your domain didn't expire and was simply bought by someone? The whois data seems to be real enough.

You should get in touch with support if you suspect wrong doing and they through validating your account and purchase history / product history etc will help you.

You will need to validate your account details, username, password, PIN number, email etc. Smiley Happy

Good luck!

Hi 

Retired
Not applicable

Hi @indielabs,

Wordpress sites are very easy to hack often and it looks like they probably take money for products and run without supplying products, leaving you looking the guilty party. I would contact support for advice on this right away. I unfortunately don't know enough about CMS sites, so further advice is recommended.

Please sort out asp, best regards.

Thanks 

Retired
Not applicable

Hi @indielabs,

I am sorry this has happened but am sure support will clear it up for you. It would indeed be very valuable info to share with the community so others could perhaps learn. It is no fault of yours this has happened, it can and does happen to lots of folk.

Sharing any feedback from support would be very welcome............ thank you. Hope the rest of your day is good. Smiley Happy

Thanks.  Chatting with support now.
Fingers crossed 🙂

Hi