Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Thomy
Skilled

Domain Manager Bug

Hey!

The Domain Manager is bugged. The page is not loading and I am getting a JavaScript error: ztWdsF1

I've tried accessing the page with 3 browsers, in Chrome's incognite mode and with a different IP on phone - always the same error. Looks like a caching issue with the CDN? I have already reported this a few days ago, but it has not yet been resolved.

I am trying to connect from Austria. Don't want to post my IP on a forum, but can share it through a private message.

Greetings,

Thomy

25 REPLIES 25

Can't change DNS

Hi,

I can't open the DNS manager for my domains, it loads forever, getting the loader and that's all.

Tried in FF, Chrome, Chromium, the same everywhere.

TomaszL
Skilled

Re: Can't change DNS

I also have this problem - I can not change DNS settings for a domain. The panel does not load.Przechwytywanie.JPG

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @daddy_not_cool@TomaszL. Sorry to see you're having issues. I'm not seeing any widespread reports of this, so the best thing to do (if you're still having the problem) would be to connect with our customer care team if you can rule out an issue with your browser. If they can duplicate the issue, then there might be something wrong with your account. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Can't open the domain settings page

When I'm trying to open the domain setting, I only see the infinitive loading animation on this page - http://take.ms/BlMsA

I've tried 3 different computers, 2 different mobile phones, 4 different browsers, incognito mode, cleaning the cookies and cash, restarting all the browsers and all the computers, 3 different internet providers including mobile provider, 3 different countries using the VPN service. Nothing can help me, including the extraordinary stupid support that only can suggest to try open this page again. 

TomaszL
Skilled

I am 15 years of you and I am concerned about this approach to problems.
Many people wrote about this problem to you, as it can still be seen.

And this is not a big problem, because I temporarily solved it myself.
And you do not need to clean the cache or change the browser. It is enough to change the computer's DNS setting because you have a problem with propagating some of your addresses.

For help in solving your problem I should of course get a bonus from you. But I doubt it, so I will probably move the domain somewhere else.

TomaszL
Skilled

Re: Can't open the domain settings page

In my opinion, the problem arises from the DNS service, I normally use OpenDNS and I have a problem with this domain manager from Godaddy.
I changed the DNS server to this standard from my operator and everything worked.

jagoda_g
Novice

Can't access domain manager

It's the third day when I can't access Domain Manger,

GoDaddy page is loaded however the rest is uploading for few hours without the results. I checked on other browser and still happens.

Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 13.27.26.png

Attlee
Novice

Re: Can't access domain manager

Same here, it doesn't work, just loading and loading. Tried with Firefox, Chrome and Edge without success.

GuidNew
Novice

Re: Domain Manager Bug

We are facing the same problem. I noticed it the first time about 12 hours ago.

I don't know if coincidence or not, but I am also from Austria.

-Bernd

Poland here, the same issue for a few days, this is so frustrating.

TomaszL
Skilled

I write about it in the thread below, I wrote on Twitter.
It still does not work and there is still no reliable response to the problem.

radosdesign
Novice

I have the same problem too. It looks they have a javascript bug on the site. I need to change my DNS settings. Please resolve the bug ASAP!

Selection_010.png

radosdesign
Novice

I have the same problem too. It looks they have a javascript bug on the site. I need to change my DNS settings. Please resolve the bug ASAP!

Selection_010.png

radosdesign
Novice

Alright, the only way to get to the Domain Manager (and actually change the DNS settings) is through Firefox Private window (Incognito mode).

radosdesign
Novice

Alright, the only way to get to the Domain Manager (and actually change the DNS settings) is through Firefox Private window (Incognito mode).

Thomy
Skilled

Doesn't do the trick for me? Still not working for me. Mind me asking where you are from? Possibly it's a regional issue.

esatana
Novice

That doesn't work for me.
Thomy
Skilled

Had an over 1 hour long chat with the support team. Eventually I gave up because they wouldn't want to forward the JavaScript error to the development team.

I suppose this needs to go on Twitter to get somebody working on it... 

esatana
Novice

Tried in multiple browsers with incognito mode enabled, all extensions disabled, still not working.

I even used a vpn to see if it works, nothing changed.

Thomy
Skilled

I've had a chat with 4 different support people, all failing to understand the issue. Now starting to put the error message on their Twitter account. Retweeting could help to get their attention onto this issue...

https://twitter.com/EmpsThomy/status/1025349158927036416

@Thomy@esatana@radosdesign@TomaszL@GuidNew

Guys, you don't to clear cache or anything (it won't help anyway).

This is some kind of DNS issue. What you need to do is:

- go here and select a DNS server: https://www.lifewire.com/free-and-public-dns-servers-2626062

- I've used the one from Cloudflare (because it's a well know company)

- update your DNS servers

- voila, it should work there

- apply all changes you need to apply

- change back the DNS servers.

It's just a quick-fix, Godaddy should fix the issue in the first place, but it can take time.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hi everyone. Just wanted to give a quick update to let you know our developers identified a possible cause for this issue and have pushed out a fix. Please try clearing your browser cache once more and then see if you're still experiencing the issue. If you are, please feel free to share on this thread. 

CC @Thomy @daddy_not_cool @esatana @radosdesign @TomaszL @Matrixcracker @jagoda_g @Attlee @GuidNew

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

@JesseW

I can confirm that the domain manager is working again for me, thanks.

TomaszL
Skilled

@JesseW

At the moment, the domain manager is working properly.

Thomy
Skilled

Can confirm the Domain Manager is working now. Only took 5 support chats, 2 Tweets and this topic to get it fixed, yay!