Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
malik01
Novice

Domain Name terms

I purchase domain name https://softhub99.com/
And softlab24.com send me mail you use copying name form our domain can godaddy delete my domain in future if they report to godaddy? I just need confirmation can its valid if i use in my website
According to terms
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Pro Community Founder Artisan Pro Community Founder Artisan
Pro Community Founder Artisan

Re: Domain Name terms

I'm no lawyer @malik01 but I'd say keep using the domain you purchased. I personally don't see any confusion with the two domains and I wouldn't let a email scare me off. There may be a time where something like this would require an attorney or result in a case and desist but you don't seem like you're there yet? If they harass you to much let me know, I'll purchase softhub24.com just to piss them off!

Please consult a lawyer should you feel the need. I hope that helps? 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

malik01
Novice

Please consult a lawyer should you feel the need. I hope that helps? 

Hello sire i am student so i dont efforts such things and dont want to do this in student life i just want know godaddy terms or rules of domain name? and i want to run my business 

Pro Community Founder Artisan Pro Community Founder Artisan
Pro Community Founder Artisan
Solution

As near as I can tell @malik01 you only read the second paragraph of what I wrote? The bottom line is I don't see a problem but it would be irresponsible of me to give legal advice because I am not a lawyer. You can buy any domain that you want and is available but that does not mean that someone won't bring legal action against you. 

I have sent out some emails threatening legal action to scare people off of domains but a scary email and a court order are very different. When it comes to trademark I think of two prominent cases. The first is a Canadian high school student named Mike Rowe and Microsoft that generated Microsoft vs. MikeRoweSoft. Second is a restaurateur from Queens, named Cleo McDowell who seemed to be on the radar of McDonald's even though McDowell noted difference between the two in McDonalds vs. McDowells.

The thing about a lawsuit is that anyone can threaten legal action. In your specific case this just reads like a warning shot to me? I wouldn't take it too seriously since softlab24.net and other domains closer their domain are available. Again I'm not a lawyer, I don't even pay one on television.

If someone on the street came up to me asking "Does this bump look cancerous?" I'd probably give similar advice "Please consult a doctor should you feel the need." Additionally the McDonalds vs. McDowells example is from the movie Coming to America and was included to point out how the "funny" in some disputes. 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

malik01
Novice

Some time ago i violates his terms by copying some styles and logics as i have not read their terms so i deleted that domain and website
Mabye they said me so because i violates his term at a time
Ok thanks for response
I keep this domain until i have to face challenge