cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain already in use

Good Day,

When trying to add a custom domain to storefront account, I get the error Domain already in use.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Employee
Employee

Re: Domain already in use

Hi @MardusD!

Thanks for posting! That message means that domain is already being used on another hosting account within our system. Do you have it hosted on another type of hosting? If you do, you'll need to remove it from there before you can add it to the new hosting. If you have any further questions on this, reach out to our support team.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

I have the same problem !!! 
go-daddy is the bad experience Smiley Sad  

Hi @mhmansi

You cannot assign the same domain to multiple hosting plans within our system, as the domain can only direct your visitors to one server location. If you wish to use the domain for other websites with us (like a shopping site AND a blog) you may create and direct a subdomain to that hosting. For example: you are using mydomain.com to direct to your blog and shop.mydomain.com to a shopping cart website. Please contact our support staff if you need help in setting this up.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

That is NOT what is happening.  These people have been reporting a bug in your system for years.  

Our domain is registered at GoDaddy, and there are no other hostings of the domain.  There is none at GoDaddy in my account.  It's possible A FORMER OWNER OF THE DOMAIN had hosting... and that is preventing me from hosting at GoDaddy.  So dumb, GoDaddy.  This is why everyone should move their domains away... this place has 10-15 year old bugs everywhere.