Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
monleon04
New

Domain & Web builder issues with Wix

I recently signed up and then cancelled a subscription with Wix on the same day. I changed the DNS back to the default on GoDaddy but am still being directed to the Wix 404 landing whenever I click on the WP icon in the web builder section.  How do I shake Wix off?  I can't build my site as I'm always taken to Wix even if I go to WP login.  Frustrated!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you both for your replies but i've managed in the meantime to work out that I needed to manually change the DNS on the Wix end too to break the chain. All is good.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JesseW
Community Manager

Hi @monleon04

Welcome go GoDaddy Community! 

My guess would be that either some of your DNS (like maybe your www CNAME) is still pointing to Wix or your browser is caching the website. If you can share the domain here, that may help us understand what's going on. 

Has anyone else had similar issues when switching from other providers? Maybe your answer will help here!

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.
SamHobbs
Helper V

One possibility is that you just need to allow time for DNS changes to propagate. If you made the changes Friday then it should be working now. Is there still a problem?

Another possibility is that perhaps the changes to point back to the default for GoDaddy is a problem. I think that DNS changes are sometimes ignored by the system and not propagated when there are problems.

Thank you both for your replies but i've managed in the meantime to work out that I needed to manually change the DNS on the Wix end too to break the chain. All is good.

View solution in original post

Hello,

I was using site builder then switched to wix.

I have changed the DNS settings on godaddy website. 

I do know how to delete the site builder publish site.

I want to link wix website. HELP