cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Domain backorder question

Hello, I'd like to know if there is a backordering market on GoDaddy or can you only backorder domains that you find and an actual market isn't available?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Domain backorder question

Hi @scottsy,

I'm not sure what you mean by a "market". We will accept more than one customer backorder if that's what you mean. If there is more than one backorder, we communicate that we will accept bids, but frequently there is only one backorder. Please understand that it is status monitoring and a "best-effort" to grab the domain when it expires. This might help explain things a bit more:

https://au.godaddy.com/help/what-are-domain-backorders-597

I hope that helps,

Thomas D. - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Do Domain Backorders expire or is there a yearly charge to keep them active?

Hello,

I have back order through Godaddy on a domain name that has been renewed by its owner.  There are not other domains that I am interested in purchasing, so I just want to leave the backorder in case the name becomes available next year.

Is there an annual charge from Godaddy to keep the Domain Backorder for another year or is it a one time fee until the backorder credit is used?  I see on my account that the renewal date is coming up, but don't want to pay an additional fee for another year.

Please let me know. Thanks for your help!

Solution

Re: Do Domain Backorders expire or is there a yearly charge to keep them active?

Hey @joeflaherty,

Quick answer, it should only be a one time charge to backorder and monitor the domain. If the current owner renewed for another year then the service should still be active and monitoring that domain. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Re: Do Domain Backorders expire or is there a yearly charge to keep them active?

Thanks so much!  That's what I thought but was confused when I received an email regarding a renewal.  I appreciate the answer!