cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Domain in "My Domains" but says DNS Offsite? Is it transferred?

I was trying to transfer a domain from another registrar to GoDaddy (I don't have access to the other registrar).  I requested a transfer and then the other person unlocked the domain at the other registrar and after a few days sent me the "code."  She also pointed the Nameservers to GoDaddy in the meantime.  Now when I go to MyDomains, I see the domain listed, but it says DNS Offsite.  I don't have anything in pending transfers and I don't have anywhere to enter the code she sent me (and I haven't been billed for a transfer that I know of).  Is this site transferred?  What do I need to do now to get it transferred since I have no where to enter the code?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Domain in "My Domains" but says DNS Offsite? Is it transferred?

@lynnralsto wrote:

Well, that's what I'm not sure of.  I started to I think, and it asked me for the authorization code, which I didn't have and so I went back to the person with access to the current domain and asked her to unlock and request the code, which she did, but she also changed the nameservers to point to GoDaddy's hosting.  But now, it does not seem like I have an option to purchase a transfer of this domain.  When I go to "All Domains" it  has the domain listed under "My Domains," but it says under it "DNS Only (off-site)"

Hi @lynnralsto. Thanks for posting. It sounds like you may have set the domain up on some form of hosting. Basically if you set up a product like a hosting plan or a website builder, we give you a way to edit your DNS settings. Obviously, this is different than having the domain registered with us. For that you will need to purchase a domain name transfer. Once you do, you should see the domain under your pending transfers. If you've purchased the transfer but still don't see the domain as pending, please get in contact with a customer care guide so they can see what's happening. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@lynnralsto 

Ok  - So to be clear - you purchased a domain transfer??? After you purchase the domain transfer it will ask you for the auth code

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Highlighted

Well, that's what I'm not sure of.  I started to I think, and it asked me for the authorization code, which I didn't have and so I went back to the person with access to the current domain and asked her to unlock and request the code, which she did, but she also changed the nameservers to point to GoDaddy's hosting.  But now, it does not seem like I have an option to purchase a transfer of this domain.  When I go to "All Domains" it  has the domain listed under "My Domains," but it says under it "DNS Only (off-site)"

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@lynnralsto 

If you had purchased a transfer it should be showing under pending transfer in - you may not have purchased it if the domain was locked

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

@lynnralsto wrote:

Hi @lynnralsto. Thanks for posting. It sounds like you may have set the domain up on some form of hosting. Basically if you set up a product like a hosting plan or a website builder, we give you a way to edit your DNS settings. Obviously, this is different than having the domain registered with us. For that you will need to purchase a domain name transfer. Once you do, you should see the domain under your pending transfers. If you've purchased the transfer but still don't see the domain as pending, please get in contact with a customer care guide so they can see what's happening. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post