cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Domain name changes after i click a link

Hello, 

When i go to mydomain.com or to www.mydomain.com everything is fine, but after i click a link in my site which sends me to a page or a post within the site the domain changes to my host link (host is made with wordpress, i don't know if that's important). 

Can anyone help me?

2 REPLIES 2
New
Solution

Re: Domain name changes after i click a link

Nevermind, i found the fix. It had to do with wordpress. I had to change the "Site Address (URL)" to the one i needed. 

Been looking for this for hours, and i was like "i am stupid" after i found it

Solution

Re: Domain name changes after i click a link

Not stupid at all @Achey. You'd be surprised at some of these website templates. Many of them have hard coded in urls that making changes to the "back-end" settings won't apply to. One would only guess that it wasn't done on purpose, but sometimes you gotta wonder. Leaving a single url to drive traffic to their site can generate alot depending on the popularity of the template.  Anyhow, another way to do what that menu option did was to simply search for and replace urls withing the templates text. You can also find URLs that haven't changed to your domain like they are supposed to. Just edit it in a text exitor of any kind and find "http://"