cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain name not working

Hi there,

I recently transferred my domain name from another hosting site to goDaddy. The switch properly went through and the payment has been made, I have also linked the domain to my website. However, when I try to go to my published website then it still shows the layout of the old website, not the new goDaddy website that I have connected the domain name to. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this or if they have any suggestions about why this may be happening, please let me know!

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Domain name not working

@andyNWE 

Did you change the DNS information like the Nameservers or the IP address to reflect the new hosting? That's most likely the issue if you haven't done that. It's not automatic. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community